Really, I am. I just got an email today informing me that the jumper I made for Chase a while back was selected for publication in this book! I can hardly believe it and I’m so totally thrilled. Law school really got me thinking about getting published somewhere. I always thought it would be something accademic but this is much cooler. So now I’m waiting for the fabric that’s been selected for the book sample. I have to finalize the instructions and remake the jumper using that fabric.
Oh, and I can post again because Ben hooked me up with a loaner computer until mine is back from the shop. This thing is a beast! We use it as a print server and… wait, I shouldn’t say anything bad about it lest it konk out on me too. The point is I can check my email again and that makes me happy.
On the work front things are pretty good. I’ve been tasked with a lot of lawyer type things to do lately. I think I crossed that invisible threshhold that moves you from the new kid to co-worker. Not a single thing changed between this week and last but all of a sudden I have lots of work to do, email to write calls to return. A little down time is nice but it’s also good to feel like there’s a purpose behind schlepping your butt to work everyday.
I posted a while back about this quick little headband project I found on someone’s blog. I can’t give credit where credit is due because I have no clue without my bookmarks where I found it. It’s a cute project though and I’m going to make more. It’s not the best picture but it takes about 100 years to upload a single photo so it’s abotu as good as it’s going to get for now.
I was also tagged by Kayris here, so without furtrher ado… Six Random Things
1) I have a bionic nose. I can smell anything… anything from far, far away. I used to have bionic ears too.
2) I don’t like candy and ice cream and I don’t like chocolate. It’s not so much that I don’t like it. I can eat a nice piece of dark chocolate or a scoop of vanilla every now and then but I’m a fruit desserts kind of a girl. I’ll always pick lemon bars, apple pie or strawberry shortcake over any of the above mentioned items.
3) I am so addicted to my morning coffee that if I don’t have it by 9 I’ll either a) kill you b) be too weak to kill you but really say really bitchy things c) be so weak that I can only yell bitchy things at you from a horizontal position.
4) After 8 years of higher education I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up and I secretly love being a student.
5) I have a lot of Indigo Girls CD’s… a lot.
6) I know the lyrics to almost every song on the radio.
I have a few more things to write about but there’s a bottle of Coke upstairs that’s calling me. We can’t buy soda for this very reason. If it’s here no one can rest until it’s gone. Hopefully I’ll get to writing about this past week’s menu plan tomorrow and start thinking about one for next week. MommyK, I’ve got some turkey on deck too… we need to brainstorm.