I’m so ready for this lousy weather to move out. It can take my lousy attitude with it too. That would be ok with me. I was so thankful when I got home today for all of the strangers who were kind to me today. I think they kept me from falling to pieces. Ok, I think the only way for me to get it all down is as a list. So, things I’ve been meaning to tell you…
1) Chase hasn’t mentioned our feet again. Probably because it’s been too cold for sandals. However, I am certain it will come up again and when it does I’ll be ready. What I meant to point out to her was simply that we’re all different. She’s all tan and golden, Avery’s all rosy and baby soft compared to her, and dad’s feet, well, poor dad. His feet speak for themselves. Each one of use is different and special. Nothing too deep.
2) This week’s menu. This week I’m keeping dinner simple. We had pan seared salmon on Monday with brown rice and steamed broccoli. Chase ate a little of everything. Success! I attribute that to the simplicity of it. No sauces, nothing casserol-y. Everything was pretty plain but tasty and the fish was perfectly cooked if I do say so myself!
Today I heated up the leftover rice and last week’s chili that went into the freezer. Easy peasy.
Wednesday we’ll have roast chicken with loaded sweet potatoes and a salad.
Thursday we’ll have simple spaghetti and meatballs
Friday is pizza night. I have a crust in the freezer from last week.
All easy comfort food type meals to help sweep my blues away.
3) My mother’s day gift was a brand new huge and super powerful food processor. Ben was mad that I almost ruined his surprise by bringing one home from the sidewalk sale. So mad, he says, that he almost bought me an ipad. An ipad. Probably the craziest thing I’ve ever heard him say and who tells the gift recipient what they didn’t get anyway?! I test drove her today. Fantastic. That thing I had before? It called itself a food processor but, um, no.
4) I put in most of my Kid’s Clothes week hour. I may or may not have cut it a little short. It’s a work in progress. It’s meant to be a simple little dress or tunic top. I’m using a pattern for a nightie because I love the simple gathered neckline. I shortened the sleeves a little too. I didn’t actually measure anything but I’m hoping for roughly 3/4 length sleeves.
5) Speaking of kid’s clothes. I found the outfit that Avery is wearing in a box in the basement when we were clearing out for the sale. It must have been mine or my sisters but who knows. It says 6 months but I couldn’t close all the buttons :) Something about that hood is just too cute but I wish it wasn’t acrylic.
6) Avery is biting me! She punishes me if the milk it too fast or if the milk is too slow or if she just feels like a laugh. I keep looking in there to see what she’s using but I don’t see anything but those same old little buds. I guess she’s just pinching with her hard little gums unless she’s got a molar back there somewhere.