Maybe the reason I haven’t made anything for Avery yet is because I can barely resist waking Chase up in the middle of the night to try stuff on and the urge is even worse when the clothes are really cute and tiny. I was feeling a little guilty about my one sided work so I decided it was time to do something about it. I really wanted to make her a sunhat but none of the fifty patterns that I have been collecting for exactly that purpose are quite right.
Inspired by this post and these favorite leggings I decided to give it a go. I think my biggest recent sewing accomplishment is *finally* understanding construction of basic garments. It’s so liberating. It took less than an hour from creating a pattern to finishing the elastic casing. I cut them on the fold so that I only had to stitch the inseam and then the crotch. A brilliant idea that my friend turned me onto. I grabbed 3/4″ elastic because it was the first thing I picked up. It’s a little too wide. I should have used 1/2″. I popped a couple of stitches as a result but they’re all fixed up now and good to go. I love the cuffs and I’m thinking about putting some buttons on them like the originals. Oh, and I hope they fit because I forgot to add an additional seam allowance. That’s the real reason I’m having trouble waiting until morning for her to try them on. I must know if they fit, like right now.
This weekend has been so busy already. I’m glad we still have Sunday ahead of us. I think I’m ready for the last day of this challenge and I bet you are too :)